Authors: David Simchi-Levi (MIT), Philip Kaminsky (University of California, Berkeley) and Edith Simchi-Levi (ILOG)
Publisher: McGraw-Hill, 2003-2007
- Business 2.0, December 2001, selected the book as the best source for slashing time and costs and increasing productivity in the supply chain
- Winner of the Book-of-the-Year Award, and Outstanding IIE Publication Award
given in 2000 by the Institute of Industrial Engineers
- Winner of the Outstanding First Edition of the Year Award given in 2000 by McGraw-Hill/Irwin
- Selected as the source for slashing time and costs and increasing productivity in the supply chain. Business 2.0, December 2001
The book includes many classic and new case studies, numerous examples as well as in-depth analysis of some of the technical issues involved in inventory management, network design and strategic partnering, to name a few. Since many companies view supply chain management as the core of their business strategy, this book is of interest to managers involved in any of the processes that make up the aussie pokies supply chain. It is also an ideal textbook for classes on supply chain management at the undergraduate, masters and MBA levels. The book comes with two computerized games - the Computerized Beer Game and the The RiskPool Game.
Topics covered include:
- Supply chain integration
- Strategic Partnering
- Decision Support Systems
- Information technology
- Customer value and service
- Supply chain design
- Product Design for Logistics
- Managing inventory in the supply chain
- Distribution management
- International Logistics
New Features for third edition:
The 3rd edition represents a substantial revision. While the structure and philosophy were kept intact, the authors placed an increasing importance on finding or developing effective frameworks that illustrate many important supply chain issues. At the same time, motivated by new developments in industry, they added material on a variety of topics new to the book while increasing the coverage of others.
Read a review of the book published by the Supply Chain Management Review Journal.