Supply Chain Innovation
Development and implementation of robust and efficient techniques for manufacturing and logistics systems. In particular, areas such as supply chain, network design, inventory models, pricing and procurement strategies, as well as production scheduling. I am also interested in the implementation of advanced algorithms in Decision Support Systems to improve supply chain performance. Finally, I have been involved in developing innovative teaching tools. For an example, please check our Web Based Beer Game and the MIT Procurement Portal Game
Affiliations and Responsibilities
Service to the community
- MSOM Distinguished Fellow Award, 2013
- Honor by the Journal Production and Operations Management, January-February 2013
- The 2012 Thinkers & Movers Award given by DSC Logistics.
- Board of Governors, Technion Israel Institute of Technology (Technion)
- Head, Accenture and MIT Alliance in Business Analytics
- Head, MIT-Technion Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- INFORMS Fellow (Fellow Info)
- Former Editor-in-Chief of Operations Research.
- Former Editor-in-Chief of Naval Research Logistics.
- co-Director of the LGO Partnership.
- Former co-Director of the SDM Partnership.
- co-Director of the MIT Forum for Supply Chain Innovation.
- A member of the MIT Operations Research Center.
From theory to implementation
- Operations and Supply Chain News
- "When One Size Does Not Fit All" How Prof. Simchi-Levi helped Dell redesign its supply chain strategy
- Is It Time to Rethink Your Manufacturing Strategy?
- Finding the Optimum Process, an interview with Prof. Simchi-Levi in Compact, BBS' International Employee Magazine
- It's Time to Bring Manufacturing Back to the U.S.
- Operations Rules: How to mitigate risk based on business objectives, The European Review, March 2011
- The 6-percent solution - How corporations can reduce greenhouse-gas emissions through better planning, MIT News, November 2010S
- "Supply Chain Management technologies", by David Simchi-Levi and Edith Simchi-Levi, chapter in The Handbook of Technology Management edited by Hossein Bidgoli, January 2010
- Interview with Charlie Fine and David Simchi-Levi on "Your Next Supply Chain", January 2010
- "Crude Calculations; Why high oil prices are upending the way companies should manage their supply chains." , D. Simchi-Levi, D. Nelson, N. Mulani and J. Wright, The Wall Street Journal, September 22, 2008