Supply Chain Innovation
Development and implementation of robust and efficient techniques for manufacturing and logistics systems. In particular, areas such as supply chain, network design, inventory models, pricing and procurement strategies, as well as production scheduling. I am also interested in the implementation of advanced algorithms in Decision Support Systems to improve supply chain performance. Finally, I have been involved in developing innovative teaching tools. For an example, please check our Web Based Beer Game and the MIT Procurement Portal Game
Affiliations and Responsibilities
Service to the community
- MSOM Distinguished Fellow Award, 2013
- Honor by the Journal Production and Operations Management, January-February 2013
- The 2012 Thinkers & Movers Award given by DSC Logistics.
- Board of Governors, Technion Israel Institute of Technology (Technion)
- Head, Accenture and MIT Alliance in Business Analytics
- Head, MIT-Technion Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- INFORMS Fellow (Fellow Info)
- Former Editor-in-Chief of Operations Research.
- Former Editor-in-Chief of Naval Research Logistics.
- Former co-Director of the LGO Partnership.
- Former co-Director of the SDM Partnership.
- co-Director of the MIT Forum for Supply Chain Innovation.
- A member of the MIT Operations Research Center.
From theory to implementation
- MIT Sloan Executive Education webinar, The New Frontier in Price Optimization, with MIT Sloan Professor David Simchi-Levi.
- One-on-One with Prof. Simchi-Levi, Supply Chain Navigator, Winter 2016
- You Can’t Understand China’s Slowdown Without Understanding Supply Chains, Harvard Business Review. September 2015.
- A New Approach to Manage Supply Chain Risk, Harvard Business Review. Webinar, 2015.
- Find the Weak Link in Your Supply Chain, Harvard Business Review, 2015
- 2014 Daniel H. Wagner Prize for Excellence in Operations Research Practice
- A New Method for Identifying Hidden Risk in Supply Chain
- From Superstorms to Factory Fires: Managing Unpredictable Supply-Chain Disruptions
- Operations and Supply Chain News
- "When One Size Does Not Fit All" How Prof. Simchi-Levi helped Dell redesign its supply chain strategy
- Is It Time to Rethink Your Manufacturing Strategy?
- Finding the Optimum Process, an interview with Prof. Simchi-Levi in Compact, BBS' International Employee Magazine
- It's Time to Bring Manufacturing Back to the U.S.
- The 6-percent solution - How corporations can reduce greenhouse-gas emissions through better planning, MIT News, November 2010S
- "Supply Chain Management technologies", by David Simchi-Levi and Edith Simchi-Levi, chapter in The Handbook of Technology Management edited by Hossein Bidgoli, January 2010
- Interview with Charlie Fine and David Simchi-Levi on "Your Next Supply Chain", January 2010
- "Crude Calculations; Why high oil prices are upending the way companies should manage their supply chains." , D. Simchi-Levi, D. Nelson, N. Mulani and J. Wright, The Wall Street Journal, September 22, 2008